L2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
The L2 Award in Food safety in Catering course is certificated by the Chartered Institute of Environmental
Health Officers and introduces the principles of food hygiene. The course comprises of a mixture of tutor-led discussions,
individual exercises and group work. The course ends with a short multi choice test paper.
For more information on L2 Award in Food Safety in Catering Course:
6 hours plus examination
(with translation this is spread over 2 days).
The course is aimed at all first line food handlers to give an appreciation of the fundamentals of good food hygiene practice.
- Explain the symptoms and main causes of food poisoning
- Understand the characteristics of bacteria and their potential to cause disease and spoil food.
- Understand methods of preventing food poisoning
- Understand the need for high personal hygiene for food handlers
- Recognise the need for high standards of hygiene in food premises and the ways of achieving them
- Understands the need for and methods of achieving high standards of cleanliness in food premises
- Understand the basic requirements of the relevant food safety legislation
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
On successful completion of a short multi choice test, set and marked by the awarding body the delegate will receive an HABC certificate.
To book a place on ETI's L2 Award in Food Safety in Catering Course: