ETI's Gas Testing course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of what gas testing is and the reasons for testing.
ETI's Gas Testing course will also give delegates a clear understanding of the different types of gases and their properties.
The course will describe the correct procedure for conducting Gas Testing and selecting gas testing equipment
For more information on ETI's Gas Testing Course:
All personnel who conduct atmospheric gas sampling of work areas and confined spaces.
- To become familiar with the terminology, hazards, procedures and safe working practices associated with various gases, gas leaks and the testing procedures;
- Understand the gas hazards and the different types of gas detectors
- Demonstrate how to choose and prepare the appropriate gas detectors for use
- Demonstrate how to use a gas detector for hot-work or confined space entry gas testing
- Understand the responsibility within your Permit to Work system
- Explanation of what gas testing is and the reasons for testing
- Define the terms used in gas testing
- Respirable concentrations
- Chemical descriptions of toxic/flammable gases and their associated effects - H2S, CO & CO2
- Sources of flammable and toxic gases in enclosed atmospheres
- Effects of hazardous atmospheric concentrations of flammable & toxic gases - O2
- Safe working practices, First Aid precautions, alarm and emergency procedures.
- Sources of ignition
- Gas testing procedures, principles of operation and demonstrate the correct operating procedure of selected gas testing equipment.
- Gas testing certificate of competence
To book a place on ETI's Gas Testing Course: