Basic Life Support
ETI's Basic Life Support course is for all personnel who may be called upon to assist during any situation where it may be necessary to keep a patient alive until medical assistance arrives.
The course aims to introduce basic life support skills and techniques, and basic skills in administering practical life support.
For more information on ETI's Basic Life Support Course:
The two day course in Standard First Aid, CPR, and AED course is for all personnel who are required by their roles to be qualified in the use of First Aid, and who may be called upon to render assistance during any situation where First Aid may be required. The course aims are similar to those of the basic life support course but involve a greater emphasis on developing competence in administering practical first-aid.
- Carry out an examination of conscious and unconscious casualties.
- Establish the nature of an illness or condition.
- Understand and be able to apply basic Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation techniques
- Assess, control and manage single and multiple casualties.
- Treat a condition appropriately
- Develop and maintain a casualty history.
- Inspect, review and make recommendations on first aid provisions
- Liaise with emergency services
- Identify, select and manage first aid equipment
- Human Body
- Automated External Defibrillation awareness (AED)
- Personal Protection
- Vital Signs
- Medical Statement
- Primary Assessment, Heart Attack and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recovery and Recovery Position
- Bleeding and Shock Management
- Burns Assessment and Management
- Injury to Extremities
- Wounds and Amputations
- Impaled Objects
- Dressings and Bandages
- Heat Related Emergencies
- Cold Emergencies
- Bites and Stings
- Casualty Handling
- Triage and Casualty Management
- Incident Scene Management
- Provision of location First Aid equipment and review
- Selection, Maintenance and Management of First Aid equipment
To book a place on ETI's Basic Life Support Course: